Steps to a Successful 2017 KACF Grant Application
1. Before Starting the Grant Writing Process, refer to the KACF Grant Guidebook, Charitable Interests and Grant Guidelines.
2. Complete the 2017 KACF Grant Application. Submit the original grant application of your proposal on 8 ½” x 11” paper printed on one side only. Hand written applications will not be accepted. Materials should not be bound, inserted in protective sleeves or prepared in other types of notebook form. Invest your time in content rather than presentation. If sending via U.S. Mail, do not fold the application materials, please mail in a catalog envelope of sufficient size. KACF requires seven (7) copies of your application to be mailed. Letters of support are accepted to verify project need and collaboration with other organizations.
3. Make sure your organization’s 501 (C) (3) IRS determination letter is current. KACF only awards grants to 501 (C) (3) organizations and qualified exempt government agencies in Lee County Iowa, Hancock County Illinois, or Clark County Missouri.
4. Grant Reports: An organization must complete a 2016 KACF Grant Report, if the organization has received a grant from the Keokuk Area Community Foundation in the past. A copy of the KACF 2016 Grant Report Form will be presented to your organization upon receipt of a grant from KACF. The failure to file the a KACF Grant Report may prevent consideration of future grants to any such recipient.
5. The 2017 Keokuk Area Community Foundation Grant Application and all supporting documents MUST be postmarked on or before August 31, 2017.
6. If awarded grant funding from the Keokuk Area Community Foundation, the grant recipient must sign a 2017 Grant Agreement before receiving the grant payment.