The Keokuk Area Community Foundation (KACF) welcomes applications for grants from non-profit organizations, charities, health care organizations, and educational institutions that have been determined by the IRS to be exempt under Section 501(c) (3) of the IRS Code. Applicants must complete the KACF Grant Application Form, and submit it with all required documents.
Grant requests are considered in the fields of arts and culture, community betterment, education, health, and human services.
Community building is central to the work of The Keokuk Area Community Foundation, therefore KACF will give preference to projects that:
• Suggest practical approaches to community problems.
• Generate community support, both professional and volunteer.
• Demonstrate the organization’s ability to secure realistic funding.
• Strengthen a non-profit organization effectiveness or stability.
• Increase civic participation and community vitality.
• Build community connections, especially among diverse groups, and build mutual trust and reciprocity in community relationships.
• Develop an expanding pool of talented community leaders.
KACF’s primary geographic focus for support encompasses Hancock County Illinois, Clark County Missouri, and Lee County Iowa but is not strictly limited to that area. Successful applications typically address problems to be solved or opportunities to be seized in Tri-State Area.