Create a Legacy of Giving!
It is easy to establish an Endowment and it can be done in less than a day. Working with the Keokuk Area Community Foundation and your financial adviser if you choose, it can be accomplished with these simple steps…
1. First, determine your charitable purpose or intent: Will this fund be a Scholarship or a Donor Advised Fund or just a simple Endowment?
2. After you determine your charitable intentions we will prepare a legal document for you and your advisers to review and modify. Once approved and signed this document is the administrating document for your endowment or scholarship. You will have a copy and the Keokuk Area Community Foundation will have a second copy.
3. Select a name for your fund. You can use your name or that of a family member, the name of a favorite cause, or choose a name that allows you to remain anonymous.
4. Depending on the type of fund you establish, you may designate current fund advisers such as yourself and spouse, and successor advisers such as your children. This information will be included in your governing document.
5. Make an establishing gift. Receive a tax deduction and perhaps an Endow Iowa Tax Credit at the time the fund is established and when additional donations and contribution are made to the fund.
6. Enjoy giving through your fund. Once your fund is established you can:
– Add to the fund at any time in any dollar amount.
– Specify how grant disbursements are to be acknowledged-whether in the name of the fund or anonymously.